Monday, January 10, 2011

INTERNATIONAL FAMILY


I have a rather large family-two older sisters, two younger sisters and two younger brothers. I love it! For the most part, we have all lived relatively close to each other our entire lives with one exception. My older sister Keri keeps moving all around. Her husband Daniel is an officer in the U.S. Air Force and since they have been married, they have lived in Oklahoma, Idaho, Oklahoma again and as of Saturday, South Korea! Yep, my family has gone international!

First of all, thank you Daniel for your military service. I have great respect for what you do and the sacrifices you and all military men and women make on my behalf. That said, I am soooo sad that they have moved so very far away. And yes, they took my three fabulous nieces with them! They will be stationed in South Korea for 2 1/2 years. I can't help but think about the milestones I will miss. My niece Piper will turn 8 years old in S. Korea and I will miss her baptism. My niece Reagan will start kindergarten. Little Morgan will soon turn 2 years old and I hate that I will miss her crazy toddler years. Who knows, she could be a tame little lady by the time I see her again! I worry a little that the kids will forget who we are. I am sad that they won't meet my first child in-person until he or she is almost 2!

Thankfully, technology is on my side! I will soon be signing up for Skype so that Michael and I can see and talk to them online.

I am fortunate that Keri and my nieces lived in Atlanta with my Mom for the last 6 months. We were able to visit each other a lot during that time and made so many unforgettable memories. We were able to spend Thanksgiving together for the first time in a long time and that meant so much. I really got to know each of my niece's little personalities. I will miss them so much. They are great kids and have super parents.

I know that South Korea will be a great experience for the whole family. Already, the Korean people are loving little Morgan! Keri says that people are video taping her and taking her picture wherever they go. They try to talk to her and even pinch her rosy cheeks. They must love her blonde hair and blue eyes. I have to say that she is about the cutest, most animated little 1 year old in the world. Those three girls will charm the pants off of South Korea!

Most of all, I pray for peace between North and South Korea and wonderful, unforgettable life experiences for my sister and her family. 사랑해.


Piper at Davis Family Luncheon-Summer 2010



Reagan on Papa's boat-Summer 2010




Morgan in ski-tube at Papa's-Summer 2010




1 comment:

  1. Aw thinking about all the stuff we are going to miss made me sad.

    ReplyDelete